Friday, February 10, 2012

CHEESE PEPPERONI SNACK

 


Here is a snack that I love so much and it is very low in carb.  It helps when I am done with my carbs for the day and need a little something more.

This recipe of sorts has been around the internet for sometime, but I have never seen them done this way.

Place some parchment paper on a cookie sheet (this is just so that they won't stick) and then I put a small pile of my favorite shredded cheese....my favorite is Monterey Jack and put on the parchment paper.  I usually make about 6 small piles of cheese at a time, because my hubby likes them too and put 2 pieces of pepperoni on the piles of cheese and then place them in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.  Set your timer, these are no good if they burn.

When they are done, remove them from the oven and with a spatula, put them on a paper towel to soak up the extra fat....wait a few minutes and eat....I dip mine in ranch dressing and they are amazing!!  These will keep for a few days in a container.

So drop me a line if you make these and let me know what you think.

If you are following a low carb diet, then these will be a perfect snack for you.

Oh also, I love salad and I make these with fresh shredded parmesan cheese...make these and you won't miss the croutons...guaranteed!!

Well, until later.....I am hungry...going to go make some cheese pepperoni crackers ;o)

Here I made them and ate them with  homemade chicken salad....yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment